The Bahria Town property transfer process is very simple no matter what property you own; a house, an apartment, a plot, or a shop in a commercial area. All Bahria Town projects follow the same protocol although the amount of the transfer fee may vary depending on the type of property, the size of the region, and, most importantly, its location. All Bahria projects are subject to the proper transfer procedure.
Bahria Town is one project that seems to be a top choice among investors when it comes to buying a property in Lahore, Islamabad, or Karachi. Bahria Town has gated residential societies in all the cities where Bahria Town is operating and a modern infrastructure, beautiful landscapes, and a safe climate are the main features. Bahria Town communities can be considered a city within a city, offering its residents affordable accommodation and investment options along with world-class facilities.
It is recommended to contact a customer service representative in your area for further details about the process of property transfer in Bahria Town.
Documents Required for the Transfer of Property in Bahria Town:
Here are the documents required from both sides i.e. next owner and current owner to complete the transfer process.
- Bahria Town allotment letter or transfer receipt (in case a letter was not issued)
- Two passport size photos of the next owner
- Two passport size photos of the current owner
- Original CNICs of next owner and current owner
- Copies of CNIC of both parties
- Copies of CNIC of next owner’s nominee (or person to who the property will be transferred)
- Bahria Town NDC (No Demand Certificate)
- Clearance Certificate from Bahria Town Services (for houses, apartments and shops)
- Bank deposit receipt of the transfer fee
- Bank deposit receipt of any outstanding charges
The Transfer Set consists of
- Duly filled Bahria Town property transfer form
- Affidavit by the current owner on PKR 20 stamp paper
- CNIC copies of the current owner, next owner, and nominees
- Undertaking by the next owner on PKR 100 stamp paper
Application for NDC:
NDC stands for No Demand Certificate. It contains the exact amount of the transfer fee along with any other outstanding charges against the property in Bahria Town. The current owner can apply for this document by simply filling out a form available at the Customer Support Center. Bahria Town Customer Care Centre in Karachi address is
Plot No. 5, Bahria Town Icon Tower,
Near Abdullah Shah Ghazi Mazar,
Shahrah-e-Firdousi, Block-4, Clifton,
Karachi – Pakistan
UAN: +92 21 111- 333 – 888
T: +92 21 35372901-7
F: +92 21 35865943
The Care Centre in BTK is dedicated and the services are available all year round, providing a single point of contact for all customer inquiries and developing close bonds with customers. This Care Centre is a state-of-the-art technology-based unit, designed to attend to customer complaints and queries and complaints 365 days a year.
It takes about 48 hours for the concerned department to issue the NDC, so whether you are applying for it yourself or through an estate agent, you should apply for it at least two days before the transfer date so you can have it with you during the Transfer Process. The NDC is valid only for 15 days after issuance. After 15 days, if your property has not transferred due to any reason, the NDC will be issued again after application for it by the owner of the Bahria Town property.
Transfer Procedure of Property in Bahria Town:
Both parties should be present at their concerned Bahria Town head office or customer care center to complete the transfer process. The following steps will be followed by the current owner and the next owner to complete the transfer.
- Step 1: The next owner will deposit the transfer fee in the specific bank.
- Step 2: The current owner will have to clear any overdue charges that are still unpaid
- Step 3: from the concerned counter take the token from the token machine and wait for your turn
- Step 4: Submit all documents on the concerned counter
- Step 5: The current owner will first sign the required documents in front of the counter person
- Step 6: The next owner will sign the required documents after the current owner
- Step 7: Both parties will be photographed at the scene as a proof of the transfer.
- Step 8: The transfer papers will be required to be signed by two witnesses as proof of the transfer.
- Step 9: The next owner then gives a pay order to the current owner.
The next owner will be issued a transfer receipt for a general transfer. Usually, it takes about 7 to 8 days for the next owner to receive an allotment letter of the property.
Overall, the process is very easy and does not require a lot of time to transfer the property to the next owner.
Bahria Town Care Centers:
Bahria Town has care centers in every city where the society is situated to help the investors and residents with their queries and complaints.
Bahria Town Lahore: Customer Support Centre/ Site Office
Address: Bahria Orchard, Main Raiwind Road, Lahore
Contact: 042 111 333 888
Bahria Town Karachi: Customer Support Centre
Address: Bahria Town, Super Highway, Karachi.
Contact: 021-36161555 | 021-38636936
Bahria Town Islamabad: Head Office/Customer Support Centre
Address: Bahria Complex, Phase 8, Bahria Town, Rawalpindi
Contact: 051-111 333 888
Bahria Golf City: Customer Support Centre
Address: Murree Expressway, Golf City Bahria Town, Islamabad Capital Territory.
Contact: 051-2720010 – 11 | 051-2720020
So don’t wait and book your property in Bahria Town today. For booking a plot in Bahria or any other real estate project, contact Pakistan Property Services on the following numbers or visit our YouTube Channel.